PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You life expectancy working for a ME carrier
Old 13th Jul 2010, 14:11
sheikmyarse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You life expectancy working for a ME carrier

First of all I must ask the moderators not to modify the title of this thread like they did with the " Israel attacks Iran" that became " What if Israel attacks Iran"
Israel will attack Iran..if they need to.
This says a lot about the level of real freedom that you can have just only on a ME forum... imagine in the real place it self. Someone in another website is suggesting that being PPRune a commercially operated website is getting some return into softening some of the topics on this forum in order to facilitate the intake of pilots by ME carriers. Also privacy might be in jeopardy So beware of your IP adress and use as I do a VPN pointing to some country far away from where you are and be very careful. I suggest you to invent stories and situation to make your profile as confused as possible.
Coming to the topic of the thread I asked a friend physiologist to give me an estimate of l the life expectancy reduction for a 30 years old pilot working 10 years at the present rythm ( 94 hours per month) and the quite peculiar type of flying in a place like let's say Dubaifor EK.
Taking into account type of ops,average time zone changes, prevalence of night flying, radiations exposure,the climate and pollution in Dubai , the culturally induced stress and some other variables he a a little empirically came out with a 1 to 3 years lifespan reduction.
Not bad. There is no issue with fatigue at EK... sure!!
Also DDT was safe.
Best wishes to the FO the suffered cardiac problems but that is just the beginning. Would be interesting to know by a competent cardiologist if his job and lifestyle had an impact on this. Competent cardiologist in Dubai...what a joke.

Last edited by sheikmyarse; 13th Jul 2010 at 14:22.