PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun,Namibia and Zambia it is then!!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2010, 14:04
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone,

I hope you are well, you’re probably sitting in front of your computer sipping on an ice cold beer or drinking a nice cup of tea thinking, oh damn do I have to read this guys life story? I’m sorry if you think it has come to thinking that, and I can totally understand why. I do see that this thread is going off on a tangent and needs to be steered back towards aviation and the problems that are ahead trying to find my first flying job.

But I am back on the African continent and my goal is the same, just trying to find my first foot on the flying ladder. However this time I get paid while I do it, by teaching pilots who have been sponsored by their companies. I came out here to teach technical aviation English but it has turned out to be ground school for pilots. I don’t mind infact I really enjoy it!! However I only have this job for another 4 weeks before I must move on and try something else.

I see that this thread is not as responsive as before, but please remember this is your thread and you make this thread what it is, if you feel this to be a complete waste of time then please let me know and I will stop.

However another great weekend relaxing by going down the beach and drinking mint tea, while the lads walking by taunt the girls. The teaching is going well, I have to organise a test as a the half way mark is coming up on Thursday so need to include question based on airports, navigation, aircraft parts, radiotelephony and some other topics.

Have been trying to put my name out to the neighbouring countries but as yet have not had any response from them. I have been asking around if it is possible to travel by road to the neighbouring countries as I can’t afford the air fare , I will need to hold on to the money I make here to keep current and travel around looking for work. I have got some contacts from a pilot in Algeria for Jet 4 you, seven air and air express. I have contacted them all however have been pre warned about the need for type ratings and hours, which I have neither.

Anyway must dash much to do, you know with having a job and all!! But please again I know things are bad at the moment but we just need to weather out this storm. Our day will come like they say only the strongest will survive. I hope we have the strength to survive.

If you have any leads that I could follow up, please please PM me. I am willing to travel anywhere in the world and do any job until I find a flying job.

Kash360