PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When will airlines start preparing safety cases?
Old 13th Jul 2010, 13:01
forget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shell Management, I wrote earlier – “I don't understand what prompted you to start this thread”. I’m still baffled. I’ve read the paper referenced by you in Post 1. My conclusion – the author shows almost no understanding of what’s required, by law, to maintain and operate public transport aircraft.

The paper says ‘Development of an aviation safety case is essential as it focuses a company's top management and staff on the real risks that need to be managed and ensures that every reasonable effort is taken to provide safe operations’.

The last few words are an absolute give away that aircraft hangars and Flt Ops are completely foreign to the author. What’s described is an airline accountants dream. “OK guys, from now on just make every reasonable effort to provide safe operations’.

But I’m still baffled. What does this mean? “It became clear that the means of controlling a hazard varied depending on whether the aircraft was in flight, undergoing maintenance or moving on the ground”. Became clear? Was this a lightning bolt revelation; or perhaps a slow dawning.

Your post above ‘One only has to look how few threads are started on this Safety, CRM, QA & Emergency Response Planning part of this site to realise the lack of interest the airline industry really has in safety’.

Eh? Could it be that aviation has reached levels of safety, control and regulation such that anonymous forums, and your opinions, don’t really have a lot to offer?

Please tell us what aviation qualifications you hold, we’d maybe form a better picture of your motives. And please learn to spell ‘amateurs’. Only amateurs get it wrong. (Also, you may want to correct your today’s – ‘the Super Puma is obselete.)

My bafflement has now got the better of me and I’ve looked at some of your recent posts. How about this;

One has come to expect such small minded envy from hired hands who will never rise to the exulted (sic) aviation pinacle (sic) of being a Shell Aviation Advisor.

http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/145...ml#post5780158

Do your bosses read your literary pearls? Did Walter M have bosses?