Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2010, 10:46
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People are crap with money

The Ryanair business model means :

My Cost : I now have to pay to check in luggage when I go on holiday
Family Cost : My family now has to pay to drop me off at the airport as the airport allows Ryanair to fly for free.
Supplier Cost : I now have to pay over the odds silly money in WHSmith as the airport is forced to charge over the odds rent as Ryanair fly for virtually free.
Meal Cost : Extortionate money for food on board.
Human Frailty Cost : Baggage is 1kg overweight, gigantic fine if my
boarding card doesn't scan at security ££ to print out a sheet of A4
Infrastructure Cost : Stansted's Sat 3 would never be built now, the future is queuing in a tin shed.

None of which affects me as I fly alone and with a single rucksack, however that's not most people. I ask again, where the market has seen this in action for a long time, ie in the UK, Ryanair are in retreat. Good riddance to them as well! I agree they've done amazing things to bring down the cost of flying, however they just don't know where to draw the line. Publically challenging a wheelchair service cost is a clue.

There will never be another airport terminal if this model is allowed to grow as the revenue won't be going to the operator. Ryanair forced out all competition at Shannon and now look what happened when the market proved unsustainable. Traffic collapsed and there was no Plan B as no other airline would risk SNN with an FR base. Same with PIK I think.

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 13th Jul 2010 at 12:03.