PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2010, 07:36
Azrael229

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could translate the interview if that would really help (I'm in fact translator by educaton), but it's quite a lot of work and won't help much n my opinion. It's publshed by public newspaper, hence it was directed at general public and even if the actual nterview included technical information and relevant facts we won't be able to get much out of it. The only interesting fact is that clearance to 50 metres, and that could be contributing in a sense that the crew shouldn't be getting clearance that is irrelevant due to other minima, but it does not move the blame from the crew in any way.
The fact is it is now much more of political matter then aeronautics matter and this will inevitably produce lots of media clutter, can't help it.

Just to give you perspective. Jak-40 crew from 36. regiment landed some time after the crash at one military airfield in Poland, before ATC even came to work!!!!! This is the sort of practise they teach them there. Every pilot I know including MIG ones says it's nuts.