PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did anyone really get involved with this?
Old 13th Jul 2010, 07:12
Gulf News

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GN,
What are you hoping to achieve with this thread?
Modhesh

You ask a valid question worthy of a reply. I had no sinister motive in raising this issue. Perhaps the language I used in the thread title was a bit dramatic however I think it reflects my dismay. My intention was not to further humiliate those who got involved with the scheme but rather to raise awareness and inspire some debate on the kind of thing that goes on here. Reading the article raised all sorts of questions as to why intelligent, educated, reasonably well paid individauls would get involved in a scheme such as this.

Is it greed? ignorance or are some so desperate to get out of EK that they are willing to take a gamble of this sort to speed them down the road of financial independence.

Believe me not every investment that I have made in my life has come out rosy but this one was not right from the start and hence went in the bin. Perhaps I am too conservative and thus will never be a multi milloinaire however I hope that by reading the article and contents of this thread others will think twice in the future when tempted by something that looks too good to be true.