PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2010, 20:23
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ever enthusiastic, gap year Tiggers bouncing around the cabin!
That comment creates a rather wonderful visual.

One of the interesting results of this recent "process" is that Gatwick Cabin Crew have made themselves heard and they have declared themselves as owning the BA brand for quality service.

As SLF it is interesting that you have serious customers and corporate groups that are taking the time to truly look at the difference in service between the two centers, and Heathrow, who have rather (in my opinion) been rather pompous in their approach to Gatwick, et al., are finding themselves viewed as lacking.

I do agree..a mature Cabin Crew resource is essential for BA to draw on as they bring in new talent. However, it must be a driven leadership, with focus on the positive of what BA offers, and not what negative message has been issued by a rather disjointed leadership.

As a stockholder and client I can tell you that I agree wholeheartedly with BA's decision to segregate their Mixed Fleet from Heathrow crew...but I can also state that I would not have the same opinion regarding Gatwick.

Please understand that I'm fully aware that there are an amazing amount of motivated individuals at Heathrow, but it is going to take some time to solve the problem of the dark cloud they are dealing with...sad that so few can smear so many.