PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2010, 18:04
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetset Lady:

That's a really hard question and one you'll probably regret asking!
Not at all. Certainly not when I have a member of Cabin Crew taking the time to truly explain to me what they are dealing with regarding rostering issues.

With BA, it feels like they haven't thought through how some of the scheduling agreements actually work in practice. Sadly, here we don't have the sort of mature representation that will sit with management and have a sensible, constructive discussion on what is and what isn't working....
An interesting statement. I know of a CEO that closes each of his staff meetings when they have made changes in procedure with the statement "It's done and on paper...but paper doesn't bleed, our employees do"..and I mean EVERY meeting that involves changes to conditions or procedures. He happens to have a great relationship with his unions and his workforce because he understands that companies must be willing to be flexible and adjust when what looked great at the meeting isn't transferring in the real world.

Hopefully, when these troubles are resolved and BA truly takes control of their future we will see more of this approach.

As for being Gatwick crew, you must realize you have many loyal BA customers who are huge fans of not only how you conduct yourselves, but how you conduct your flights. Gatwick is truly becoming the "Watch us spoil you" brand in BA.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond to my question. Your engagement is truly appreciated.