PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2010, 17:28
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Skylion.
At no time have I meant for you to get upset with my correction of what you have said. It is just that I notice that some of the reasoning behind what you suggest is not accurate.
I am not going to guess as to why BA roster cabin crew and pilots differntly and by different departments but for you to suggest that you know why and to type it out on a forum and have people congratulate you for informing them so well, is a touch anoying when it is obvious to many that you are just guessing.
I was just merely explaining that your assertion that it is cabin crew agreements that cause aircraft to nightstop was incorrect as too was your reasoning that the union insist on bunk rest when it is the CAA. I can assure you that the reason BA operate the current schedual out of Hongkong has nothing to do with cabin crew agreements. It is either for commercial reasons or because those are the only slots they are allowed.

I am a loyal BA cabin crew member who worked throughout the strike and I am happy for our agreements to be altered and updated. You only however have to go on to other threads written by pilots to see that even some of them are unhappy about totally being rostered to the max that the CAA schemes allow. There is a current thread in 'terms of endearment' by easyjet pilots with alot of them complaining about their rosters, which is an airline that you chose to quote as a good example of rostering.
As mentioned by Jetset lady at LGW where it is possible to roster pilots and cabin crew the same it is still not done. But even I as BA employee do not know the reason for that.