PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2010, 17:13
Hamburg 2K8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Further to the earlier comment ref Stand 12 for the 450+ A380 daily passengers, when is the extension being built? Surley it's going to be bigger in height and width than Pier B currentley is and with it's 2 new airbridges? Can the A380 taxi by itself to Stand 12 after vacating 23R/05L on the taxiways? Also, if need be can it use 23L/05R? I know R2 is closed during the time it's due in and out.

Right a few questions:-
* How are aircraft guided towards the airbridge at stands? I have seen many aircraft when approching T1 stands stopping then having to increase throttle again to come in line with the airbridge, aren't there sensors in front of the aircraft on the terminal building telling it when to stop? I don't see this problem at other airports? I can make out something for stands 21-32, however at Pier B stands 1-10 don't seem to have anything. I think both pier's need re-building, T2 & 3 from the outside look much better and modern(ish) than T1. I wouldn't want to move their if I were an amercian carrier from T2.
* Will the re-surfacing be complete for 23R/05L before 1st Sep?
* What's happening with the extension to T3?
* And finally, when is the Cargo terminal getting extended?

I'll shut up and and await answers and comments.

Evening all.