PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 747 Crew commended
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2010, 14:06
paull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are the criteria for getting a medal?

General discussion, not wishing in any was to distract from crew's achievements but let us assume that something happens, you do something, you get a happy outcome. Do you get a medal because you survived?

How about saying you get a medal if you got a happy outcome and 80% of the guys in the sim afterwards did not. Or, perhaps the 80% did what you were trained to do and deserve a medal, you did something different, that happened to fit this occasion but was actually against the odds. Right result, wrong action. No medal?

Of course we all admire the true masters who take actions that cover all the most likely causes AND a few unlikely ones as well without having to guess. When playing bridge sometimes you have to "take a view" as to how the cards, lie, I always admire those who manage to delay their decisions until they they have the facts. I guess it is the same for you guys, but you do not always have the luxury of time.

Yes, I think my conclusion is 'Anyone who survives the scrutiny of a pprune thread gets a medal whatever they did!' Well done!