PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2010, 12:51
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Emptiness, despair, anger

Emptiness, despair, anger - a customer perspective

I was due to fly to holiday yesterday on a "package" holiday to Rome. It was not with BA.
The flight was cancelled with no reason given, while we were in the departure lounge, (the desk in the departures lounge thought it was due to lack of crew, but no "formal" reason was given).

I had forgotten the emotions involved when one's carefully planned and much looked-forward to holidays are brutally cancelled at no notice. The emptiness, despair and anger were all very strong. (I could go on and on about the emotions). Much stronger than I had remembered.

The BA CC who are still supporting this strike appear to have no concern whatsoever for their customers. They wanted strikes over Christmas, they went out on strike over the UK school holidays, and now they want another strike.

I'm just one family person. Will the potential strikers ever think of the many thousands of families and other people that they are seeking to disadvantage with their incredibly inward looking calls for strikes?............especially when they don't appear to even know what they are striking about, other than asking some very highly paid supervisors to push a trolley?

Some of the strikers say that they do care about their customers, and are striking for better service levels.

I am now completely clear in my mind that that is total and utter codswallop.

I think I've been relatively neutral in this dispute. I've blamed BA as much as CC. No longer. Whilst BA managers created the history that bassa could "run" the airline, all of that must now stop. bassa will end up with the same fate as the NGA. (I'll leave out the history lesson about the NGA)