PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2010, 12:00
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAXboy:

Ancient Observer has also posted concerns regarding BA's lack of leadership within its management ranks and also maintains that without changes in this area BA solving of its BASSA problem will have little effect in the long run.

Having been inspired by comments here and having my curiosity aroused I've done some searching regarding how BA arrived at this juncture and must agree that the leftover culture of being a state owned company still permeates certain areas and must be resolved.

However, I am encouraged at some of the actions being taken by BA management at the moment and am cautiously hopeful that the Board is looking to assert itself and drag this company into the 21st century.

One small step that I believe will have substantial downline positives is BA's insistence that Mixed Fleet will operate separately from present crew with no mingling.

Having mismanaged their relationship with BASSA for so long it seems that BA finally realize that the only solution is to finally take steps to marginalize the negative influence of BASSA's more militant members on their workforce.