PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C130J just a strat aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2002, 20:43
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, guys, guys (sigh)!

Beags, CK and others are right! Please can Herc operators stop being so f-ing negative about everything/anything/eachother on this site. The tone of the posts are giving the impression that we are a bunch of whingers - which we are not - we are just professional perfectionists! Fortunately, those of us who know the truth, know that both 'species' of Albert have done some seriously daft flying in the name of HMQ over the past 9 months and deserve a damn sight more credit than we have got so far(weeing in dark suit analogy!!) - but as truckies we are very unsexy (only in a military sense, of course).
I am biased aginst the K as we have done more, for longer but the J guys have also made the same giant leap in the dark as we did. Furthermore, when things were really 'hot' the K crews owe a big thanks to a load of J guys who came out as OpsOs. The ones I worked with were bl**dy good and I hope they learnt from our mistakes. While the J still has a very long way to go (at least it has time its side), and the K is on its last legs (but will be around for longer than most think), neither bunch of of people deserve to go to war while being sniped at from those at home who don't know (as some obviously don't)!

We should all have the 'noddle' to:

a. Stop undermining the morale of others.

b. Stop whining about each others toys (lets just face it - we are both jealous - Ks cos the J gets all the press, money and shiney new things - and J cos they can't fly their new ac at LL/drop things yet).

c. Refrain from mentioning core capabilities on a public thread (tho' its hardly rocket science).

d. Be big enough to recognise that we can learn things from eachother.

d. Remember that we are all on the same side and should work together to get the job done (a la Bob the Builder)!

Roll on mixed formations!

Here endeth the lesson.

( J Guys - Please don't let the J det don't come home with a 'Its All Over' razzamatazz fanfare/attitude while the K is still flogging the driveways - its not even half-time yet!)