PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rant about deleted PID NDB/VOR approach
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2010, 00:39
Old Akro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt. Thanks. I understand that essentially ASA deleted the chart on some sort of instruction from CASA.

But, this makes my question more pertinent because there can be no interdepartmental finger pointing. The Safety Regulator responsible for training, pilot proficiency and safety has deleted 2 approach procedures on aids that must surely be one of the 2 or 3 most heavily used for training & currency in Australia. They could have deleted the leg from the aid to the airport and made a non airport based procedure (like Yarrowee), but it has been removed entirely. I see this as CASA acting detrimentally to safety.

I followed a link to the RAPAC minutes which shows that ASA are at least guilty of extreme tardiness. Deletion of the PID approach has been on the agenda for some years, yet nothing was done. After the approach was deleted, creation of a new airport independent approach was put on ASA's work list in about January 2010. As the Ruddster says " fair shake of the sauce bottle" How long does it take? Once again, there is no visible sign that ASA are acting in the interests of safety rather than Bureaucratic ease.