PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 11th Jul 2010, 14:43
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think like Tiramisu has said if anyone does recieve an inadverdant paper from BASSA/UNITE then they should not return it if in the Union. Especially if they have signed the individual offer.

Ottergirl,

I understand your concerns aswell - this offer has created so many mixed feelings for me. I do think striking should absolutely be a right - sometimes strikes are unjustified but sometimes they absolutely are. Also I don't particularly like the fact they want to ''reduce our rights to be represented, and have less rights in polcies in sickness, attendance, redeployment and grievance policies'' - so does this mean that our job will be less secure (redeployment policy - especially with Mixed Fleet) or they will even be stricter with EG300 (which remember in our job we are more restricted with how fit we have got to be to fly - also flying is not the healthiest job in the world! So I do think the EG300 system is flawed as it is - to be stricter would be an insult and yes, I do know some people take the mick and don't turn up ''cos they can't be bovvered'' - but most people do try to maintain good attendance!

Also, the way the proposal has been worded is IMO very clever with the use of ''we INTEND to...'' when it comes to route distribution etc etc... Rather than a binding contractual agreement is all statements of intent... I know we can't have absolute GUARANTEES as people will say on here, but I think it is only fair we have agreements to protect what we have otherwise we might aswell just give it up now!

However there is plenty of good in it aswell - like the pay rise which is a good thing, no CR also a good thing, many areas make us better off and luckier than other workgroups with the recession. But I can't help think the Mixed Fleet is not about saving the company but getting rid of us in the long term... not fair really... and other workgroups wouldn't like it.

Of course I could be (hopefully!) wrong, and yes I do recognise we are lucky (at the moment!) We are just stuck between a rock and a hard place IMO!