PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2010, 07:30
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RegDep - I have tried to see some co-ordinates for the 'threshold' but can only see the 'O' and the 'OK' plus two other points on the procedure - and they are almost impossible to read accurately. Your link takes me in at post #901 on the closed thread - can you give me a post number for this 'card' please so I do not have to go through 1005 'conspiracy theory' posts to find it? It would also help if you guys (and girls?) could just simply post these numbers for us since it is all in a blurred foreign format. As far as I can see from the blurred figures there is nothing unusual. This business about crashing 'left of the centreline' would probably be explained by the loss of the port wing tip and a roll to the left?

As for the '160'/'260' m difference ( I gather the 'NDB' used is truck mounted so could easily be in a different position) would make NO difference at all on an NDB approach. From the CVR we (I) can see, you all need to accept that as far as we can tell the 'RSP-10' played no part in the accident at all and that neither beacon position nor a range error will explain why the a/c descended below DH.

Now, again - any sign of the FDR?