PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGAC licence and type rating
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2010, 00:04
N-1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windcheck, please download the Ammendment 7 for JAR-FCL 1 at:

JAR-FCL 1 - Search (the link starting with "1 December 2006 JAR-FCL-1 ......)

Then, go page 142 (1-F-3), section JAR-FCL-1.245 (a) - right column above..... and READ that paragraph..... IT READS TR VALIDITY IS FOR ONE YEAR, cojones!!!

YOU can always renew your TR within the 3 months previous to its expire date. If you don't, it will be "frozen" for a maximum of 36 months as I explained before.

Last year, I gave as instructor, several simulator sessions to a pilot that had left the A320 type rating NOT renewed for 4 years on his licence and he HAD TO DO IT ALL AGAIN, just from ZERO in a NEW TR course, base training included. I know what I'm talking about.

Spain is NOT the only JAA Country which specifies the "co-pilot" restriction on the type rating.... I hold a Portuguese ATPL(A) licence and I also had to take that restriction away at its moment, just like anyone in Spain, only difference is that I received my new licence in two days.

P.S: Regardless I'm spaniard and this ia spanish forum, I do write english for courtesy to others. Sorry for any typing fault or mistake, we spaniards are quite fans of making noise on this in aviation forums. ....

Saludos y a ganar la Copa del Mundo!!