PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2010, 22:17
aidoair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are indeed correct. I was the Captain on today's EZY LPL-IOM. We departed anticipating an improvement in the weather, based on the forecast conditions. Having held at CAR for 30 minutes it was obvious that the vis was steady at 300 metres RVR (800 required) and not improving, so we returned to LPL.

Apologies to all on-board, we did the best we could. I hope that you all make it to the island ASAP.
Hi! I was a passenger onboard the flight today. Thanks for giving us a chance by holding and not diverting / cancelling straight away. Think it was about time to divert back to Liverpool in the end though as I dont know about you, but we were starting to get a little dizzy down the back .

All in all I think it was handled well by easyjet. With next day transfer available and overnight accommodation or a full refund offered. Though it was very dissapointing to hear the final boarding call for the Flybe flight to IOM as we waited in the service desk queue! Some people were not best impressed but that's island weather I guess... Thanks again Gremlin 1 and your crew.