PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know
Old 10th Jul 2010, 12:52
RemoveB4Flght

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll tell you what it means...

There are quite a few senior first officers with more than enough time and more importantly, the company experience required for an upgrade.

They have been watching 320 DEC's come and go, been told they can't upgrade because they are incapable of babysitting cadets, been kept away from the widebody except a one or two that trickle to 330 CCQ and do one turn a month to maintain currency. Been told that it is just inconceivable that an airbus pilot could succeed on a Boeing...

There is a core group of some damn fine 320 skippers that are being worked to the max as resignation after resignation is being handed in from both left and right seat. The solution to finally upgrade the guys at the top of the FO list has always been there, but with the training dept in utter chaos and too busy flying the line, the best they can do is pull down some very reluctant 330 skippers to stop gap the turnover.

I can only imagine what a fresh crop of 320 DEC's would do to those FO's ready to leave. Some come on over and try to keep a straight face while you tell the guy in the right seat how you'd really prefer to be back home, but they money was too good to pass up. On the other hand, I'm sure the 200 hr replacements will love to hear you stories.