PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VIPA Loss of License Insurance. Godsend or scam?
Old 10th Jul 2010, 09:44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never suggested it was ok for anyone to screw anyone. I was simply trying to point out the facts as i understand them and highlight that there are some areas that need looking at.

If a young guy takes out the policy in full knowledge of what is on offer, and understands that as he gets older, his protection continues to improve, then i don't see how anyone is getting screwed.

The only way you could imply that VIPA was trying to screw someone would be if they have mislead members as to what benefits where available. At the presentation i attended, they explained in full and had clear and direct comparisons with the other options available, and were quite frank and upfront explaining that the VIPA policy was not as good as the others for a young, fit healthy pilot, but far exceeded the others for the older, probably less fit and more prone to illness senior pilots.

If you interpret this as screwing the young guys, then I'm sorry, I can't help you.