PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 10th Jul 2010, 08:54
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safety Concerns asked,
does this vote become null and void if persons outside the bargaining unit receive the papers?
I believe the vote would only become null and void should the person not in the Union, cast their vote and return the ballot paper and that ballot paper is counted. As always, happy to be corrected.
To be fair, in my view the person receiving a ballot paper would be just as guilty of foul play should they deliberately return the completed ballot paper.
Bill Francis(Head of IFCE) in his latest web chat this morning, has said he will do everything he can to support all crew who came to work normally whether they are member of the Union or not.
Caribbean Boy asked,
Did BF say what this support would be? No doubt many strike-breaking crew want support due to intimidation suffered downroute and in the CRC.
Naturally we do, and this would be and is being dealt with separately as BA adopts a zero tolerance policy on bullying and harassment.

Bill Francis said he would do everything to support crew who came to work normally, in relation to the offer which many crew who are still in the Union, would like to accept. That is my understanding of his statement.