PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help focus the cuts on the right areas
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2010, 07:31
NURSE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everybody except PTI's hate PTI's thought I had it on authority that the highest paid PTI's were RAF who had markedly less responsibility than their army counter parts.
Maybe remove the PTI branch from the airforce and bring in APTC to look after all land based physical training.
The Idea of the NHS providing more medical reserves is a non starter I have a few friends ex TA AMS who were sacked by their trusts for being deployed despite what RFA 96 says it happens and the armed forces did sod all. To make this work you would need to drastically change the attitude to the TA within the NHS a simple solution make it a criminal offence to dismiss a TA soldier who has been deployed with a minimum 5 year sentence for the Chief exec and head of HR but for the reservist make it illegal for a trust to ask at recruitment if they are in TA/Reserves or if they join and make it a case for discrimination if their career is held back.
Maybe the MDHU issue could be solved by getting the military to take over the next failing NHS Trust that comes along.
As to the Airborne issue when apart from SF did the Para regt actually use parachutes to deploy. 2 sqn dropped into sierra leone onto a DZ secured by the Royal Marines. Maybe we could drastically cut parachute training to just SAS,SBS,SRR and Raiding support regt (or what ever 1 Para choose to call itself thease days) there is 1600 that could be used to fill in holes in other regiments and their support units could do the same for their parent cap badges infact it might be enough to replace the Gurkhas and some of the commonwealth recruits. The balance comming from the disbanded RAF Regt.
I wonder if Puma is being sacrificed to preserve the Chinook orders and will RAF go solely chinook and CHF take over the merlins?