PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Differences between NZ and Aus Laws for Aussie CP interview
Old 9th Jul 2010, 23:42
Basefor02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks very much for the replies.
The business is all single engine aircraft. I've been having a look through the Australian reg's/rules/orders etc and it is definatly a world more complicated than the New Zealand, ICAO alligned system. I've been able to find a reasonable amount of the stuff that I've been looking for (with much frustration) but I think the hardest is finding the stuff that would be the equivilent of NZ's Part 135.
For example, NZCAR 135.223 states that for commercial operations planned landing distances must not exceed 85% of Landing distance available (my paraphrase). I then found CASA's Divison 3, regulation 235 which seemed to be the equivilent (although it looks as if it would be applied to Operations of any size, not just small A/C) but there are no set figures for anything, and most of the time each point begins with "CASA may..." so it all looks a little uncertain. Is there another supporting document to this which would tell me the figures of what CASA "may" do, or will that change for each operator? If so, how do I know what applies to this one?
Thats not the only point I have a bit of difficulty in locating (if it exists!) but just an example of the kind of things I am having difficulty locating, basically the stuff that says "if your running a commercial operation then these extra tollerances must be applied". The Part 135 stuff.
So if you have any suggestions on that please let me know.

Regards.