PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar pilot EBA dead
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2010, 23:39
PPRuNeUser0161

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Willie Nelson
So how do you know the new T & C's will be a deterioration on the present? I'm not having a go but we need to see the printed form. I would assume they will be less and would like to know how they can just introduce new T & C's mid EBA?

We need every pilot in J* to stand up and say thats enough and if need be apply to FWA for protected industrial action (it actually is called protected for a reason) to apply some pressure. I am assuming they see Tiger being able to recruit on Jack T & C's and wish to follow suit.

There will be a point when they will find out just how little they can pay and still get crew but my feeling is in twenty years you will leave high school, become a cadet, get a command by 28 and by the time your 32 you realise if you don't change profession now you are financially stuffed for life. Additionally there are plenty of not quite as crappy GA jobs that now pay more than an FO with J* or Tiger, you're gonna need a command to buy a coffee for morning tea without using he visa!!

Edit; Oh yes, my guess is that when the EBA does open up for negotiations, the company will offer less than you are on now following in the footsteps of Tiger. But its only a 3% drop and you may negotiate that back to 1.5%.
SN

Last edited by PPRuNeUser0161; 9th Jul 2010 at 23:54.