PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Durban. If aircraft refuse to move we will tow them away,
Old 9th Jul 2010, 22:07
Feline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Feline Prize for Gross Understatemnt of the Year

I must admit to a wan smile at errorplaneone’s Gross Understatement:

Wednesday night in Durban from a Flight Crew perspective was problematic.
And I’m sure that it was even more problematic for CC who, after all, were right there, back with all the fans (and be it noted that football fans are not noted for their phlegmatic acceptance that sh*t happens, unless they are actually causing the sh*t to happen …). Very glad I wasn’t there …
I am so pleased that ACSA has seen fit to put aside R400 000 to compensate passengers who didn’t make it to the match. Let’s see - R400 000 divided by 600 – that comes to, Errrm – about R667 per passenger. I’m sure that they will all be delighted and that it will make the problem go away. Not!
This offer could yet prove to be yet another ill-considered decision – I’m sure the lawyers will argue up a storm that it demonstrates acceptance of liability.
My thanks to the most of the posters subsequent to my original post describing this incident as a “Right Royal B*lls*p” for filling in chapter and verse as to exactly why and how it became a Right Royal B*lls*P, and who was responsible.
Like I said before – Sad! (and sad too that some posters had to get all personal).
It would be nice to think that some lessons could be learnt out of this, nicer still if some of those responsible could have their incompetence rewarded by re-deployment to the unemployed sector.

Well, we can but dream – not so?

Footnote: In an organisation in which I once served, the phrase 027foxtrot would have indicated that call sign 027 was now proceeding on foot. An appropriate suggestion perhaps?