PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas transition from FE to FO
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2010, 21:19
zerozero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apart from what I described above:

--If HR is interested they'll start with a phone interview.

--If that goes well, you're invited to interview in person in Miami but before you show up to that you must complete an on-line test (ATP subject matter--I hear it's "challenging").

--The interview itself is with a management pilot, HR rep. and a line pilot. Everyone on the panel has input. There is no sim ride but there is a hand written essay required. Seriously.

--If the candidate gets a "thumbs up" they are placed in a hiring pool but no job offer until ground school commences.

--They seem to interview in groups of 12. I hear if they like everyone, they'll take everyone. If they don't like anyone, they won't take anyone. No quotas per se.

--Training pay is $1200/mo + per diem. Expect to spend two months in Miami for training. The new hire gets off of Training Pay and on Guarantee (62 hours/mo) once they make a "Fam Flight" before they begin OE. On the Fam Flight you simply observe a flight as if you were jumpseating.

Sounds like most new hires are going to Huntsville, AL and JFK in the -400 but I also hear there may be some -200 hiring as well.

That about covers it, I think.
Good luck.