PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Intercepting Russian "and other nation's" Aircraft. Whose?
Old 9th Jul 2010, 20:33
Trim Stab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not really the right forum I realise, but I'm trying to understand from Trimstab the logic of the comment "The Times" now requires a subscription to view their material on the internet - thereby immediately reducing the credibility of their information.
Indeed the Times "paywall" concept is risky - and to me it is the wrong way forward, because if the information cannot be immediately viewed, discussed and probed for veracity in a free forum (such as this) then it is of diminished credibility.

The specific news item here is an example - clearly it is scaremongering to assert that a foreign nation is testing our air defence. If an assertion like that had been made in the "free" press, a link would be posted and would have been discussed, dissected, and dismissed by now. But as we have to pay to see this assertion, there is no debate. All seems very fishy to me, especially given Murdoch's already established tendency to manipulate media.