PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Confused about ARC CofA EASA etc
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2010, 20:03
robin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks David

Perhaps you can let us know how we in the UK fare as compared with those in Europe.

Given that we went VERY early in the process, my feeling is that everyone else waited to see how the legislation panned out and used the exemption to 2011/2012.

Speaking personally I am aghast at the way Permit to fly aircraft almost identical to mine are now permitted overflight and foreign travel - one benefit of the CofA. Add to that we see complex aircraft such as the RV10 with glass cockpitand looking for IFR and night flight.

These aircraft have an Annual cost 1/10th of the price of my ancient and very simple CofA aircraft.

When my aircraft lost a prop a while back, I had to pay 40% more for the replacement compared with an equivalent (identical) Permit aircraft - just for the Form 1

The LAA make clear the benefits of Permit ownership and how much Permit aircraft can now do. In an ideal world I would own such a type, but instead I have a much-loved aircraft that is bankrupting me and that is almost unsaleable.

Why is it that there there is such a mismatch between advanced Permit aircraft who aren't on Part M rules and ancient types (sometimes identical types) who are being screwed by massive cost.

And who is standing us for us to get some fairness into the system? The LAA can't, the CAA won't and AOPA aren't interested.