PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To: Air Arabia pilots. From: UAE ACC
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2010, 18:15
pac man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

This seems to have got way too intense, i don't normally post here but i that this is a pressing issue which needs resolving asap.
There is no need for it to become an us vs them situation, we all have to either fly in or control this airspace and therefore the more understanding there is between pilots and ATC, the better for us all.
From a UAE ACC point of view, pilots must realise that we are working to the rules and unless Dubai offers cancelation of speed and altitude restrictions, we will enforce them.
Holding has become an everyday event and it is far easier for us to vector you out of the hold than zig zag you across our limited airspace. SJ traffic has to hold because there is no other way to get you safely through the hold, we do try if the opportunity presents itself.
If you are based here then you know it can be chaos at times and we the ATC's do what we can with limited resources. RT space is at a premium, the fact that we have to call aircraft multiple times before getting a response certainly does raise the blood pressure and creates frustration.If ATC does not answer you they may be co ordinating with other units or sectors which could be to your benefit. Airmanship is another thing that is seriously suffering and I attribute this to the rapid growth of the local and sub continent airlines with many pilot being of limited experience.
As for speed reductions, if you are reduced to 250kts 100 nm out, it is purely to maintain spacing in order to avoid holding.