PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Age 60 Limit To End
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2010, 16:00
engfireleft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enginefireleft, you must have a screw loose. How can you compare discrimination against certain specific groups like race or females and a bunch of others to what your group is defending? You really think that those are same? Age 60 applies to EVERYONE! It's not targeted towards a specific group. If you want to come back so bad, why not ask to come back as an EMJ FO in the PG. Give up your seat so that somebody else can enjoy it. See how you do doing 4 legs or more a day. I'll vote yes on that!
Chuck, fly if you want just not here. Those people enjoyed their current lifestyle and equipment because pilots before them were gracious enough to respect the contract and retired at 60. Why wait until you are just about to leave to fight age 60? Why didn't you start the fight sooner? Give it up and let someone else have a shot at the top. Greedy
KIngAir

You're making some mistaken assumptions here. First of all, Chuck has never worked for Air Canada. He is simply making the point that forced retirement at age 60 is arbitrary and not associated in any way with medical fitness or competency. Second. I do work for Air Canada, but am not near retirement yet. So it's not a case of me wanting to come back.

Every pilot at Air Canada is discriminated against on their 60th birthday when they are forced to retire. It is discrimination against a group based on age which is illegal. Look it up.