PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2010, 12:29
drew3325

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would anyone not accept the new offer from BA?

An interesting response to a question posted to BF today - alas I cannot post on the other forum as am not Cabin Crew myself but the partner of one such Main Crew Member. The question was asked in relation to the Variable pay top up payment and BF has confirmed that the allowances (such as B2B etc) will continue to be paid as they are now but if these allowances to not amount to £6616 (main crew) for the year Nov 1 2010 - Oct 31 2011 then a top up payment to this amount will be paid. Earnings above the quoted figure are yours to keep. The rumours and scare mongering off all allowances disappearing seems to have been just that (think that goes back to the MTP which was on the previous offer which was withdrawn.

Having calculated the last years allowances earnt my partner for one would receive a top up payment of nearly £1000. (pehraps thats due to dire rostas!!!)

So what have you got to lose by not accepting the offer. I guess it needed someone to ask the question to clarify it from the "horses mouth" so to speak rather than listening to the "twaddle" on Galley FM and other sources. My partner for one was one who had believed they would have been worse off/lost out on the allowances.

Anyone else have any thoughts or comments on this new Variable Top Up Pay and allowances feel free to ask - am more than happy to paste in the full response from BF