PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2010, 11:42
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Anna List, yes you are right that is 66 flights a week, not the 61 I wrote previously!

We might see a one or two routes announced to fill in the gaps on the time, but I personally think it is unlikely!

Did the Knock and Kerry routes operate last winter, correct me if I am wrong, but these routes seem to start and stop all the time...

---------------------

Wizzair I don't think will be too phased by easyJet's new route to Zagreb from Gatwick, easyJet have gradually built up their eastern Europe operations from their south London base over the last few years and quite a few compete directly with Wizzair and we havn't seen many cut back.

I think it is very much a case, that Wizzair are very popular and more well known in Eastern Europe than here in the UK and they have quite a large following by these people. Where easyJet is more well known here than Wizzair.

If a UK resident wanted to travel to eastern europe and were not sure of the airlines that operate the routes there, I am sure they would check Ryanair and easyJet before referring to Wizzair. Simply because Wizzair are not that heavily marketed around here other than around the airport.

--------------------------------

Anyone want to take a guess on the passenger numbers that Luton will have for 2010...

I think it is going to be around 8.5-8.9 million!