PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 9th Jul 2010, 11:32
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My offer has arrived today - and I am more than happy to sign it.

Ftrixiebelle, no I am not a union member - I left well before Christmas as it was clear that this Union had no idea what it was doing. The Union has achieved nothing for its members, has virtually led them to financial ruin - paying full fare tickets from abroad to get to work has to be the most absurd thing I have ever heard. Yet still they do nothing to try and resolve the situation for their members.

I hope that you have joined the Professional Cabin Crew Council. There are many people on there like you that are still Union members and are very worried. You can log onto our forum and hopefully gain some support from being with like-minded crew members.

We would suggest that you vote in the union ballot and then resign from the Union. What have you got to lose? I would also say - don't worry (I know it's easy for me to say). If you came to work during the strikes, that is the important thing. BA would not want to target people who crossed the picket lines. The more people that join the PCCC (it costs nothing!) the more chance we have of approaching BA for representation. If people don't sign up, then we can achieve nothing. It's down to all of us to make our voices heard, so JOIN NOW!

Everybody who wants to accept this offer owes it to themselves to join the Professional Cabin Crew Council. It is, quite literally, the only chance we have of having a reasonable, and moderate voice to collaborate with BA on the things that are important to us.