PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is South Africa really ready
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2010, 06:39
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This becomes absurd, as does much else in life of course. Now the aviation community has 'FIFA approved airlines'? The wannabies out there had better start changing their swotting style. Soon the multiple ATPL examination choices might be more geared towards establishing your knowledge of the color of Renaldo's facial hair or Vicky baby's hemline length!
South Africa has done a jolly good job on the whole. As a Saffer sceptic, I have to take my scrambled eggy hat off to the men at the centre of the spider's web.
The Olympics next? Well, who knows, but that must be the end game in many of the minds of the cash conscious. I don't think patriotism comes into sport any more, after all, look at the British football team, a fragmented mob of individual barbarians attempting to present a unified front in the face of a coach whose linguistic skills are as limitied as his apparent abilities.
Well done SA.
As for the congestion at the airport ramps, the solution or balm to the soul is simple enough. Thirty minutes park time either side of slot and thereafter or therebefore $10k a minute and design some large wheel clamps as well!