PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prospect Press Release: NATS Staff Angry
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2010, 20:44
DC10RealMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can understand the frustration of employees regarding these substantial payoffs/bonuses but I might like to suggest that in the world of business and high finance such payments could be justified. Messrs Hoskins and Barron have paid dividends to shareholders whilst having the British Government ie: British Taxpayer underwrite the risk, employees have accepted a below inflation pay increase, employees and unions have been persuaded to voluntarily relinquish their pension rights guaranteed by Parliament and Lord Prescott of Kingston-upon-Hull, increased traffic flows by the use of overtime etc, etc, all under the guise of "Working Together"
I do remember in the 1980s when BT, BA, BAA, and other state owned enterprises were being "liberated" into the private sector at taxpayers expense (again) there were many ATC personnel who were jumping onto the bandwagon buying shares, including making multiple illegal applications for shares in false names and were happy to make a quick buck at the employees expense.
I can now hear the sound of chickens coming home to roost!

Last edited by DC10RealMan; 8th Jul 2010 at 20:54.