PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2010, 17:11
Cloud Bunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right okay then lets nip this in the bud before it gets personal.
First off I'm not a "basher", trawl through my posts, you'll see I'm one of the more 'sympathetic' posters on here with regards to FR and a strong supporter of the standards of operation that we have here. Like I said, there are many things here which could contribute to it being one of the best jobs you could get in the industry at the moment. However there are elements that are driving guys, including me, to look elsewhere. I'm not going to bore you with it, it's just fact.
If this AGP thing is proved to be the case (and RYR738 if you'd bothered to read this thing properly you'd see it's not my "wild rumour" I am merely commenting on it) then I think it's a pretty poor bit of staff relations to move guys out to a new base and then immediately reduce it/close it for the winter (delete as appropriate). Unpaid leave, relocations whatever - it's just poor practice.
I myself have not had to do the company any "favours" as I am not relocating and have absolutely nothing to do with AGP as a base but I know guys who have gone well above the call of duty with that little nugget dangled in front of them. Maybe I shouldn't give a toss, I'm not affected but I'm sorry I thought we are all in this together and it's nice to show a bit of solidarity and support every now and then. Maybe not.
I shall now keep my opinions to myself and wish everyone a good day.