PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 8th Jul 2010, 12:34
MIDLGW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just had the electoral reform services paperwork through, with 28 pages of "info" from unite. Strange, as I left the union quite some time ago (even had a letter a couple of days ago from unite acknowleding my lack of payments).

I was under the impression that unite was supposed to stay "neutral" in regards to this vote, by not stating their opinion? It's pretty obvious to me that there's nothing "impartial" about this paperwork. Apart from ONE page stating "the good" (out of 28 pages), it's all doom and gloom and scaremongering. Anyone with some form of business sense will have a giggle (better than crying) at some of the statements.

For those who aren't sure how to vote on this, please read the proposal from BA thouroughly (on ess, not the unite version). Put business head on and think realistically. It's obvious the offer won't get better if you vote no to this one. I'm voting yes. Not sure if this has any legal ramifications as I'm not a member. Does anyone know?