PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A new wannabe, wants (your) help!
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2010, 08:54
El khoury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A new wannabe, wants (your) help!

Hello...

First of all, i've been on this forum for like 2 years now, but this is prolly the first time that i actually write a thread that concerns me and my future, and am really glad to be a part of it, especially now, because everything has started get real for me, i want to join you guys in the aviation world!

i'm sure this has been done before, a wannabe that has a lot and a lot of questions , who is kinda lost on where to do his professional training etc... but i really need the help of the experts here.

I want to be a pilot, and i want to get the best training and knowledge, but i don't know where to do my training, europe or U.S?

I'm from lebanon (middle-east), so i sure need a visa to get to any country and start my training, but not all schools train foreign students with a student visa.

Anw, when it comes to the U.S, i'm thinking of the following flight training academy:" Delta connection academy ". Aviation Flight Schools ? Delta Connection Academy ? Flight School, Flight Training for Pilots

any idea about that flight school? anyone has any experience in that school? does it provide a good training? any idea about the prices? what kind of licenses does it provied? i was checking the website, and it is said that it doesn't provide the Airline Transport Pilot course, and it's a course that i run into whenever i start searching about aviation, especially in Europe....any info would be appreciated.

And do you recommend a flight school better than Delta academy? i've read good stuff about Flight safety...

Now, in Europe: i want you ti give your opinion about the following flight schools:

Belgian flight school (flight academy Belgium): Ecole de pilotage avion en belgique : Belgian Flight School - Charleroi - Namur - Liège - Genk

Ben Air Flight Academy: BAFA - Ben Air Flight Academy nv

In United Kingdom:
Atlantic flight training: Atlantic Flight Training - Who we are

i was searching, and the schools in france and U.K are too expensive, unless if i missed any good schools with good prices.

Now i have some concerns about training in U.S.A. They do not offer ATPL, any idea why not? i was checking some airlines here in the middle east, and they require in order to enter their crew, they require to have the ATPL (frozen) , and MCC ... why are these courses not available in the U.S (delta acadamt to be specific)... and there's a thing called jet transition course i guess, what is it for?

So in general, what is the dfference between training in Europe and training in the U.S... and which is better? and why would some people train in U.S.A and then convert their FAA to JAA?

I'm sorry for taking too much of (your) time, but i really need (your) help... waiting for your replies =)

Thank you! =)

Last edited by El khoury; 8th Jul 2010 at 23:19.