PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia
Thread: Saudia
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2010, 00:33
BritishGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I applied to Saudia SFS about 9 months ago (possibly more). I've recently got a gig in Dubai on the 737-400 (within the last month) and BAM, I get an invite from Saudia SFS. Kinda convenient for me to attend the CAE Training Center as I'm right here in Dubai, so I guess I'll go to the interview, but thankfully, without the stress for REALLY needing the job.

Now, I know you don't have the job until you get offered it, but I would like to know what the package is. As for the moment, well, I've left the US Regional industry (Thank GOD) and got the job in Dubai on the 737-400 about a month ago. I have no bond or anything which is nice. I get approximately $4000-5000 USD a month, I can opt for company accommodation or take an extra $2000 a month on my salary. It's not the best company out there by any means, but it got me out the US Regional hum drum - earning $2000 a month after working 100 hours. I will say though, the company I'm currently with is only a stepping stone. Not the type of place you would want to hang your hat.

Anyway, is the SFS gig worth leaving my current company for? I've outlined the package I'm getting right now. What is the package like at SFS? Is the money better and would going onto a Falcon, Hawker or Gulfstream be a good thing for my career or not? I have 3900TT, 2400 Jet, 250 Jet PIC and EMB-145/CRJ/B-737 type ratings.