PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2002, 09:09
Yozzer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have I been misled?

My MP did not sign the EDM, nor did he write to tell me why not, so in finest YOZZER tradition, I sent him a snotogram which had it been for real would have guaranteed 2 black eyes and a broken nose. I today received this by way of response:

Dear YOZZER

Thank you for your message concerning the Chinook crash.

I am afraid there is a long-standing convention that frontbenchers do not sign EDMs. However, I would like you to know that the Conservative Party takes this matter so seriously that our former Chairman, David Davis, instigated an entire Opposition Day debate, out of the limited time made available by the Government, to discuss the crash and the various reports which have followed. Serious doubts remain and the Government is arrogant to have ignored the conclusions of two Parliamentary Committees.

Yours sincerely

YOZZERS MP

Does this mean that whilst Tony was at lunch, a Tory "has been" briefly mentioned the Crash but was poo poo`d due to Henman getting walloped at Wimbledon. ......because that is what it looks like to me, or am I wrong?? Oh, and PS.... Please vote Conservative because all this b0110x is not our fault, and this is what you get with those awfull Labour types.

Last edited by Yozzer; 31st Jul 2002 at 14:40.