PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Talk Talk are offering "free Broadband" to service personnel
Old 7th Jul 2010, 17:50
bayete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thomas,
You obviously didn't read my post properly or did not pick up on the sentiment.
In answer to your question: "whats the point of paying the least amount for a service which is worse than dreadful?"
I have not found them to be worse than dreadful and any queries have been delt with without any trouble and I have moved house 4 times with TalkTalk and each time I have had an upgraded router.
So I am happy to stay with them and save my £177 or thereabouts compared to BT equivalent.
TRX75 has a good tip the members forum looks to be excellent for sorting out issues although I have not had cause to use it.
I will agree that there is plenty of evidence that that they can provide a shocking service but that has not been my experience, and I am sure that if you look there is plenty of evidence around of shocking service given by other providers.
I think TalkTalk have become the company everyone loves to hate.
A quick Google search:
From Independant online...

It's not so good to talk – BT is named worst landline provider
By Martin Hickman, Consumer Affairs Correspondent
Tuesday, 8 April 2008
BT was voted the worst-performing landline provider

Britain's biggest phone operator, BT, has been named the worst landline provider in a customer satisfaction poll.
In an internet survey of 11,000 customers, BT had the lowest score for all but two of 11 categories for home phones, making it the worst performer in an industry with a poor record of customer service.
Three million of BT's 10 million landline customers are dissatisfied, according to the research for the price comparison site uSwitch.com.