PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAE GCAA 'FDP' vs 'flight time'
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2010, 15:51
Old King Coal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oblaaspop - far from confused, but do let me agree that the way the FTL definition is written is perhaps less than 'succinct'.

wiz - I too was at eJ (sort of / GoFly) and AEU... plus others too; oh happy days. Having reviewed some of my old (UK airline) rosters they are (of course) limited by 'flight time' (block-to-block).

Fwiw, I wrote my initial question whilst having something of a 'tired moment', being momentarily unable to understand why I'm so knackered; whilst ostensibly doing nothing different here to what one did in the UK. Call it a moment of self-doubt, i.e. thinking that I must have fundamentally missed something in the rules as one never seemed as tired there (UK) as one does here (UAE)... perhaps it's all that sand just grinding me down?!
My present (July) roster has 171 Duty hours, 93 Block hours and 42 Sectors... with every likelihood of this increasing (standby call out).

Oh well, time to get ready for yet another flight tonight.... though at least tonight is scheduled (last nights 10pm standby turned into a 1:20am report this morning with 4 sectors... nice!).