PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Ben Fund?
Thread: RAF Ben Fund?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2010, 13:37
Vim_Fuego

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To cut out one of the loops approach SSAFA on their national confidential helpline. If you go to the RAFBF direct they then either write or email to the branch or divisional secretary of your local SSAFA. If it goes to branch it then has to be sent onto the div sec which is another loop. Once the div sec has it he/she will allocate a caseworker who will arrange a visit to assess the clients needs and report back to the RAFBF their findings. The caseworker may also identify other funds to be approached and other needs the client may not have realised existed such as respite breaks or holidays for children.

I'm a div sec...In my very busy division the turnaround from the client picking up the phone or writing the initial email to me getting a caseworker, unless the case is labelled as urgent for some reason, can be 2-4 weeks due to the reasons alluded to in the above paragraph...plus I may not have a caseworker available to visit you at that point. In essence get things moving as soon as you can. The longer you leave it the harder it can be for us to sort out.