PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 7th Jul 2010, 11:46
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Juan,

The offer has not been improved but just changed to make the travel payment a guarantee of minimum and not a replacement.

The changes have been made because of crew like me talking to BF and also emailing our concerns about the original Travel Payment.

All this could have been done by the unions but they decided to call a strike. New Fleet plans started in earnest the week that industrial action was announced. My manager was seconded to a 'special project' the following week. This has turned out to be Mixed Fleet.

The union has not gained anything at all. It has just lost you your staff travel for nothing. It could have negotiated and got a deal to have new crew on our fleet but it was too busy getting upset about CSD's having to do a bit of work on a flight for a change.

Of course I have emailed all my thoughts to the union but they are not interested in what their members actually want. They are too busy getting upset about crew changes ( that most crew were not upset about) and calling strikes.

So are you saying that if I don't agree with the union I cannot be a member! That's not very democratic is it. They take my money. To be honest the union must be loosing so much money because so many crew have left it. I have only remained in the union so I can vote NO to a strike.