PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing A B777 at QTR
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2010, 10:56
ramiyns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hard landing within qtr

I think one of the contributing factors to the hard landings in Qatar Airways,That is No much of hand on control.
If a pilot dose on average 2 to 4 sector a month and this has to be shared with other pilot.
This will leave the captain with average 2 landing a month, FOs flies a bit more.
And sometimes a gap of 2 weeks between one flight and the other.
So pilots become out of touch, Especially new pilots after they finish line training when they need more frequent flying to feel confident with Aircraft, Only to end up with 2 flight a month. Definitely this varies from one to another.
Since the B777 introduced into Qatar Airways, The lack of flying was and still a big issue with the Captains,and in many cases they still fly even when they are not feeling well,because of the allowances.
So if safety department looks into those pilots rosters leading to the heavy landing,They might find interesting common factor.
At least this is how I feel.
One instance,I was coming from leave then there was off days, sdby days, off days and I was approaching 45 days without flying then I had my recurrent which prevented me from going into recency chk.
Thank you all and Happy landings

Last edited by ramiyns; 7th Jul 2010 at 11:11.