PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2010, 09:23
johnoWhiskyX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A short lull in the other forums has nw been ended by a strong showing of declared BASSA supporters and undeclared BASSA supporters.

The declared supporters are very selective in what they say and it is telling that when presented with facts they tend to ignore them completely, generally responding with more spin or unique versions of events. Some of their comments are more Nostradamus like.

What for me appears obvious is the increase in undeclared BASSA supporters, purporting to be rational CC that have now come to a decision to strike or support BASSA as a result of genuine consideration of the facts or some tale of horror or woe that has befallen them when they worked through the last IA period.. Fortunately for us they aren't quite clever enough to carry the pretence off and revert to BASSA tactics of ignoring facts and spewing forth versions that have been refuted over and over again by BA supporters over there.

My personal wishes are that BASSA do announce a NO vote and go for industrial action. Forcing BA to begin dismissals or to sideline the strikers altogether and fly 100% of long haul and short haul. I simply don't want to risk having any trip I have planned disrupted by BASSA supporters. If BASSA win any form of concessions in this dispute at all, BA may as well hand over the keys. Becuase, if they can't win this dispute in this financial climate with the level of support from the public and the rest of BA now they have no chance in the future.