PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apprenticeship
Thread: Apprenticeship
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2010, 09:01
tommy411

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apprenticeship

Ok so i know this has probably been done to death but wanted to start a new thread for my first post. I would like to start an apprenticeship as AME Mechanic. After spending some time looking though different threads i am feeling rather lost as to where i should be looking for an apprenticeship. As with most people when you start with google Qantas is going to be the first hit you get. i had a look thought i may apply but after reading a lot of posts on here im wondering if i should be looking elsewhere.
Can you guys on here recommend any places i should try apply or at least call and see if they will have any intake next year. from what i can see it seems to be a low paying trade all though i am not doing it for the money. i have pretty much have everything i want, just getting bored in the job i currently have. and by the looks of it my job would still pay more even after i finish an AME apprenticeship , but money is not the motivating factor.
For an industry that pays so low i would have thought it would be easy to get an apprenticeship. But after a little research i have not really got anywhere. so thought why not ask some people who have been through it all before.. and if im going to commit 4 years of my life to something i would like to learn as much as possible before i make any big decisions. So what are your thoughts..

Oh and has anyone else ever had trouble trying to speak to any of the teachers at Kangan tafe. ffs i dunno why they even have a phone they never answer EVER!!!!

Since i started looking into doing this a few weeks ago there has been little things like people not returning calls not answering not replying to emails. and or otherwise telling me to call somewhere else. its starting to leave a really bad taste in my mouth about this industry.. Could be an early sign but i will try press on..
Any help is much appreciated