PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2010, 04:26
Thaimike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sark

I think that's a slightly harsh comment towards B'mth fans, there's nothing really wrong with the road links in the main, it's just the last couple of miles that needs seeing to, apart from that the M27, wessex way etc is up to scratch from the north, east & west approaches. Rail links to B'mth, Poole, Christchurch are able to move punters around with ease aswell, like I said it's just the last bit that needs a tweek by local councils.
In fairness it's not been high on their agenda either up till now to spend "big money" on links to a small airport, but now that "Mag" has done it's bit then maybe they will spend a bit, but what do you want.. a train station next to the terminal??
As for FR moving out well yes it's a bit of a worry, but then I've never heard of an aiport closing just because 1 carrier is opting out!
Airlines have come & gone before & they will do so in the future, that's the nature of the game, but how many airlines have been put off coming to BOH because of FR, now they may have another look at the airport with fresh ideas & no silly competition!!
Could be just good news for BOH.. Look on the bright side