PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it to late ,age wise ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2010, 23:14
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
........oh Lord, Krusty now ya making my heart bleed!

I guess secretly yr right on all counts but being a pilot these days is no big deal as the general public who now pretty much all fly as apposed to those few who could afford to do so & respected pilots as Gods no longer feel that way as flying is now just another boring means of getting there. Don't get me wrong I still like to hear the little kids say look mummy there goes a policeman even though I'm wearing my flying monkey suit
The mystery of flying, the mystique actually is no longer there for the up & coming newbies as it's just a big video game (well Airbus wise) & with cadetships now emerging as the way of the future this 'game' is open to anyone whom can afford the training with sights set on an airliner right from day one without having to do the hard yards(but that's another story!).

As for the topic here, age? Well I'm living proof that it is (or was) possible to start late & get somewhere within an industry where once upon a time if you where not in the Airlines by 25 ya missed the boat! The Airlines are only one aspect of flying albiet thought to be the top.

To all those living a dream (of flying) let not the bounds of our Earthly existence stop you for flight is still a marvel of our modern times

Wmk2, sits beside Krusty & shares tears..........or another drink